Dreams Do Come True!
Four years ago, the place we have come to know and love as BLISS Meadows was a vacant lot full of weeds, trash, and potential.
Today, BLISS Meadows is a vibrant community green space, an environmental education hub, and a place for peace and tranquility.
In just four short years, with your help, we have converted 10 acres of vacant land into a thriving community green space and established:
- Three native pollinator gardens
- An outdoor classroom
- A fruit tree orchard
- Our freshwater ponds and storm-water infrastructure
- Sustainable urban agriculture with goats, sheep, chickens, and bees
- Renovated and restored a dilapidated farmhouse
- More than 0.5 miles of nature trails in the abandoned City park behind BLISS Meadows
- A popular youth summer camp
- A workforce development program for young adults
We are moving into our third and final development phase. We need your help, now more than ever, to scale our operations to give our community access to the programs and events they requested. This includes expanding programs, enhancing farm operations and production capacity, creating sound organizational processes and procedures, and developing our framework for resource sharing.